Point Lighthouse #2
Guard Auxiliary Hall, Crescent City
Available as a design in our online garment shop
mural depicts one of Crescent City's most beloved and historic
landmarks, the Battery Point Lighthouse. Battery
Point sits at the northern edge of the harbor entrance and
received its name when three cannons were moved to the promontory
in 1855 from the shipwreck America. The
Battery Point Lighthouse was built in 1856 and functioned
until 1965. In 1982 it was reopened as a private navigational
mural was designed by Virginia Brubaker in 2005. The artist-in-residence
was Harley Munger and it was constructed in partnership
with the Department of Mental Health and the Crescent City
Harbor District. It was built by youth serving community-service hours.
mural stands 8 feet by 7 feet.
Total Market Value = $14,000.00